Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Believe In Yourself



I am most definitely a big fan of the power of positive thinking. Not only is it essential for reaching your goals, but it is just as important in helping to reach your weight loss/fitness goals. It is sad how many people limit themselves or allow themselves to fail before they ever start something.

I see it all the time with weight loss clients. They have a negative and self defeating mindset: "There is no way I'll ever lose weight" or "There is no way I'll be able to get back to my pre baby weight". I can tell you from firsthand experience that when you say those words, you have already failed. Somewhere between child and adulthood we lose the ability to be able to dream and start putting self imposed limits on ourselves. Those limits tend to stick with you for quite sometime and can severely hamper your ability to reach your goals.

The people who succeed, and I mean really succeed at weight loss or any goal, truly believe they will succeed. So whatever your current goal is, I want you to take 10 seconds right after you finish reading this and visualize, I mean actually see in your mind you reaching that goal.

Here's to setting and reaching your goals in 2010!

"I am convinced life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it." Charles R Swindoll

No comments: